I like his design philosophy.
Key ConceptsHe blends the crest of Man City with Yankees iconography to create a design with clear lineage that stands very much on its own.
- Prominently feature ‘NY’ or ‘NYC’ type as these are recognizable symbols for New York (see: Yankees)
- Incorporate MCFC club colors
- Incorporate the number 5 as a symbol of the number of New York boroughs
- Draw inspiration from traditional football badge shapes and styling
- DON'T use cliché New York imagery like the Statue of Liberty and Empire State Building
- DON'T use the full name 'New York City FC'
I like the badge, although when it was designed Queens was the presumed home of the club. That's no longer true, leaving the crown as something of a potential geographical anachronism.
Retrum has also designed full kits: primary, secondary, third and goalkeeper, as well as a custom number font for non-MLS matches.
at his site - check out the full concept and let me know what you think.